Public Relations & Communications > Facts & Stats >
DePaul is committed to providing quality education through personal attention to students from a wide range of backgrounds.
- DePaul is the nation’s largest Catholic university and 13th-largest private, not-for-profit university based on enrollment of 23,539 students for the 2015-16 academic year.
- In fall 2015, DePaul undergraduate enrollment was 15,961, graduate enrollment was 6,800 and College of Law enrollment was 778.
- The fall 2015 freshman class of 2,519 students reflects DePaul’s long-standing commitment to diversity. Hispanic/Latino students were 17 percent of the class, African-American students were 7 percent, and another 8 percent were either Asian, Pacific-Islander or Native American. The class is 56 percent female. Approximately 41 percent of freshmen come from Illinois.
- DePaul enrolled 1,619 new transfer students for the fall 2015 quarter, and remains a top destination for transfer students in Illinois.
- 35 percent of DePaul’s full-time freshmen are from families where neither parent has a college degree.
- A total of 5,560 students are registered for at least one online course at DePaul. This is a 14 percent increase from 2014.
- Approximately 350 student organizations are registered at DePaul, including those that focus on volunteerism, spiritual/religious interests, cultural heritage, academic interests, student government, fraternity and sorority life, campus activities, political activism, club sports, and recreation.
- Currently, DePaul campus housing accommodates over 2,800 undergraduate and graduate students. There are 11 traditional residence halls and residence hall apartment communities on DePaul’s Lincoln Park Campus. DePaul also shares one residence hall with other institutions near the Loop Campus.
- Approximately 2,000 undergraduates complete internships for academic credit through the Career Center’s University Internship Program and other departmental and college programs.
- The Career Center at DePaul conducts approximately 29,000 consultations with students annually through advising services, networking events, job fairs and workshops.
- More than 450 organizations actively recruit DePaul students on campus each year for job and internship opportunities.
- More than 13,500 jobs and internships are posted annually to the Career Center’s online recruiting site, and more than 60,000 applications are submitted to these postings.