DePaul University has produced nearly 204,000 alumni since its founding in 1898 and now has an extensive alumni community of more than 180,000 living members, with the majority residing in the Chicago metropolitan area.
- The mission of DePaul’s Office of Alumni Relations is to provide current and future alumni with a lifelong connection to the DePaul University community—building relationships that foster affinity, loyalty and support of the university and its Vincentian mission. The office offers numerous opportunities to help its alumni stay connected with each other and the university.
- Notable DePaul alumni who were or are in government include former Chicago Mayors Richard M. Daley (LAS ’65, JD ’68) and the late Richard J. Daley (LLB ’33), Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne Burke (SNL ’76, DHL ’05), Clerk of the Circuit Court of Cook County Dorothy Brown (MBA ’81), former U.S. Senate Sergeant at Arms Terry Gainer (JD ’80, MS ’86) and the late Cook County Board President John Stroger (JD ’65).
- Business leaders with DePaul degrees include ComEd CEO Anne R. Prammaggiore (JD ’89), Driehaus Capital Management Founder and CEO Richard Driehaus (COM ’65, MBA ’70), W.W. Grainger CEO James T. Ryan (MBA ’99) and Kellogg Co. Chairman James Jenness (COM ’69, MBA ’71).
- DePaul alumni associated with the arts include actor John C. Reilly (THE ’87); actresses Judy Greer (THE ’97), Gillian Anderson (THE ’90) and Monique Coleman (THE ’03); the late Pulitzer Prize-winning composer George Perle (MUS ’38); Chicago Shakespeare Theatre Executive Director Criss Henderson (THE ’86); and Chicago Children’s Choir Artistic Director Josephine Lee (MUS ’97).
- More than 250 judges throughout the Chicago metropolitan area, including Illinois Supreme Court Justice Anne Burke (SNL ’76), are graduates of the College of Law and other schools and colleges at DePaul.
- DePaul alumni are well represented throughout the Chicago-area workforce. Top corporate employers for DePaul graduates include Abbott Laboratories, Ernst & Young, General Electric, BMO Harris Bank, Deloitte, CNA Insurance, Target, Chicago Board of Education, Bank of America and U.S. Cellular.
- The top five states with the largest number of DePaul alumni are Illinois, California, Florida, Indiana and Wisconsin.
- The Office of Alumni Relations supports five regional chapters—Arizona, Chicagoland, New York City, Southern California and Washington, D.C.—and regularly holds alumni events in cities throughout the United States. The office also supports linkages to alumni contacts in more than 20 international areas, including Hong Kong, Thailand, Bahrain, Greece, France, Japan and Mexico.
- The DePaul Alumni Center is located on the Lincoln Park Campus at 2400 N. Sheffield.
DePaul's Office of Alumni Relations website is alumni.depaul.edu.