DePaul is generally closed to filming by non-university and commercial entities, including filming of movies, commercials, and television shows. All non-university or commercial entities requesting permission to film on campus, should direct requests to the Office of Public Relations and Communications.
Requests should include answers to the following questions:
• When would you like filming take place on campus?
• What is the duration of filming (how many hours per day)?
• In what locations will filming occur/does a location need to be scouted?
• What is the size of the film crew?
• How much equipment will the crew have?
• What is the scope of the project (will a script or treatment be shared)?
• Will you meet the minimum requirement for insurance and agree to provide a certificate of insurance?
• Is DePaul represented by mention of name or likeness?
Faculty, staff and students are allowed to film on campus for academic projects, intended exclusively for classroom use; these requests do not require approval from OPRC. If the film is not exclusively for classroom use, and it will be externally distributed (i.e., film festival, non –DePaul television station, YouTube, or purchased by an outside producer or distributor) then approval must come from OPRC.
Student film request questions can be directed to the CDM Production Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
, 312-362-6862. Students should also refer to DePaul policy for more details relating to student filming: Student Film Policy
For additional questions or to submit a film request, contact:
Melissa Grady, Project and Business Manager