Office of the President > Strategic Directions > Vision 2018 >
Goal 4: Foster Diversity and Inclusion
We will invest university resources and employ processes to build a more diverse and globally aware university community sustained by an inclusive, supportive and just campus climate. We understand that greater diversity of race and ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation, faith, place of origin, life experience, political perspective and economic condition deepens the educational experience of every student and enriches the worklife of every faculty and staff member. The collective experience and talent of our faculty and staff, students and alumni, ensures the continued strength and vitality of the university. We share in the commitment to protect and strengthen our university environment to allow every member of our community to contribute to and learn from each other.
Objective 4a: Strengthen campus-wide diversity.
- Recruit and retain a diverse faculty, staff and administration, with special attention given to increasing the representation of under-represented populations.
- Develop mentoring systems.
- Provide support for career development, retention and success.
- Strengthen the postsecondary pipeline of under-represented scholars.
- Sustain the diversity of the student body.
- Expand international and multicultural learning opportunities that effectively prepare our students to be successful, innovative leaders in a diverse global society.
- Provide programs and support services to ensure that all students, faculty and staff feel welcome and are able to succeed.
Objective 4b: Build a vibrant university community.
- Improve communication, reduce barriers and enhance opportunities for collaboration among members of the university community.
- Strengthen the sense of community, affinity and institutional pride among all DePaul constituencies—students, alumni, staff, faculty and friends.
- Create new opportunities and strengthen existing university-wide traditions to celebrate and promote our collective identity.
- Affirm alumni as important participants in the university community, enlist their support of strategic objectives and ensure their enduring relationship with the university.