DePaul's Board of Trustees approved a new strategic plan for the university on May 17, 2018. The plan has six goals:
- Deepen our commitment to DePaul’s Catholic, Vincentian, and urban mission,
- Ensure a welcoming, engaging, diverse, and inclusive campus environment,
- Excel in preparing all students for global citizenship and success,
- Expand access to a portfolio of high-quality, affordable academic programs that meet student, workforce, and societal needs,
- Elevate academic excellence and embrace a culture of creativity and discovery, and
- Employ bold approaches to ensure DePaul’s continued fiscal strength for future generations.