Program Portfolio Review
The strategic plan calls for a university-wide process of academic-program prioritization.
A faculty task force selected by Faculty Council and the provost is working with Academic Affairs to develop a
timeline and design for this process.
“Program portfolio review is a
comprehensive, concurrent evaluation of all academic degree programs
according to a shared set of criteria,” says Lucy Rinehart, associate
provost for academic planning and faculty. “This evaluation, which will look at factors such as program
quality, mission relevance, enrollment trends and program costs, will
provide needed guidance for the strategic allocation of resources going
forward. It will also give academic unit leadership useful roadmaps for
program revitalization and redirection where needed.”
Long-term goals for the project
include a well-balanced program portfolio, an enhanced sense of
institutional stewardship, and a shared understanding of meaningful
indicators of program health and quality, which units will be able to
track on an ongoing basis.
Task Force Co-Chairs
Lucy Rinehart, Associate Provost, Academic Planning and Faculty
Scott Paeth, President, Faculty Council, and Professor, Religious Studies
Task Force Members
In addition to Rinehart and Paeth, the task force includes six
faculty members selected by Faculty Council and two deans appointed by
- Michael DeAngelis, Professor, College of Communication
- Thomas Donley, Professor, Economics, Driehaus College of Business.
- Suzanne Fogel, Associate Professor, Marketing, Driehaus College of Business
- Michele Morano, Professor, English, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- Alice Stuhlmacher, Professor, Psychology, College of Science and Health
- Christopher Tirres, Associate Professor, Religious Studies, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- David Miller, Dean, College of Computing and Digital Media
- Paul Zionts, Dean, College of Education