The new Arts and Letters Hall was dedicated in an official ceremony on Jan. 11, 2012, drawing a full house of spectators to feast eyes on its sleek design and state-of-the-art classrooms.
The four-story building is on the corner of West Belden Avenue and North Kenmore Avenue, conveniently located just north of the Student Center. This location for the building allows it to stand as a central academic gateway for students, visitors, and neighbors into the proposed Kenmore Green and cultural quad beyond.
The $33 million building brings 47 state-of-the-art classrooms to the heart of the Lincoln park campus.
- Site Area: 36,026 GSF (gross square feet)
- Building Area: 119,000 GSF
- Building Height: 63 ft. to top of parapet, 75 ft. to top of penthouse
- Number of Floors: 4 floors
- Building Setbacks (measured from property line):
- from north alley 0 ft.
- from east alley 0 ft.
- from Belden Ave. 0 ft. at east, 153 ft. 2 in. at west
- from Kenmore Ave. 0 ft. at north, 59 ft. 9 in. at south
View video tour of Arts and Letters Hall