Undergraduate Students listed as personnel on IBC protocols would choose the Learner Group called “Undergraduate Students”
to sign up for the correct Biosafety course. The following modules are
included in the training program for Undergraduate Students:
- Biosafety Course Overview
- Laboratory-Associated Infections
- Risk Management-Work Practices
- Work Safety with Sharp Instruments
- Disinfection and Sterilization
- Risk Management-Personal Protective Equipment
- Risk Management – Emergency and Spill Response
- Risk Management-Engineering Controls
- Centrifuge Precautions
- Safe Sharps Devices
- Risk Management-Laboratory Design
- NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant DNA Molecules
After most CITI modules there is a multiple choice quiz
that relates to that module. In order to obtain credit for the training,
individuals must complete the quiz after each module and obtain an
overall average passing score of 80%. Individual quizzes may be
re-taken, if necessary, in order to obtain a passing score.
Additional modules designated as optional are available in CITI.
Optional modules may be completed at the discretion of the individual,
but they are not required. Optional modules become available after the
required modules have been completed.
Continuing Education: Undergraduate Students
Continuing education may be required for undergraduate students based upon the protocol activities, the type of agents used in
the activity, and any changes made to the protocol over time.