When an externally funded grant budget includes
an amount for tuition reimbursement, this is reflected in the category
410G: Financial Aid.
The following procedure must be completed by the
Principal Investigator so that tuition reimbursement is correctly assigned to a
- Confirm that a budget category exists for
Financial Aid within the grant.
- E-mail the Office of Financial
and request an ITEM TYPE for tuition awards which will be charged to the
grant. Be ready to provide all grant chartfield information to Financial
- When the item type has been created, the
Financial Accounting will notify the Principal Investigator and provide the
Item Type Number.
- To process an award authorization for
individual students, the Office of Financial Aid has made an online award
form available to those who request access and complete a brief training
session. Contact email@example.com to
request the access to this form.
- When completing the online award authorization form, have the
following requested information ready:
- "ACCOUNT" is always 414300.
- "ITEM TYPE" is the number the PI received from Financial Accounting.
- Enter the NAME and AMOUNT to be received by quarter for each student receiving tuition reimbursement under the grant.
AFTER THE AWARD AUTHORIZATION HAS BEEN
The Principal Investigator should review the
Mobius Reports regularly to ensure that tuition payments are indeed being
deducted from the grant account. If an academic quarter passes without the
appearance of such an anticipated expense, the Principal Investigator should
notify the Office of Financial Aid or ORS as soon as possible.