The Vinny Prize
The Office of Mission and Values (OMV) is sponsoring a university-wide student competition to create new, engaging and innovative content in a wide variety of social media that highlights the mission and values of Saint Vincent de Paul (1581-1660) and Saint Louise de Marillac (1591-1660).
OMV fulfills its mission to promote a living interest in Vincentian heritage through the following:
- by acquiring, digitizing, and making available the archival resources necessary for scholars and researchers to contribute to Vincentian Studies,
- by publishing scholarly works through the Vincentian Heritage Journal and Monographs
- by marketing its resources to a worldwide audience
- by creating content using social media to make the Vincentian Heritage relevant and accessible to contemporary audiences.
As part of OMVs growing focus on content marketing as a strategy to promote a living interest in Vincentian heritage, OMV is sponsoring a university-wide student competition to create new, engaging content that highlights the life, mission, and values of Vincent de Paul, Louise de Marillac and the Vincentian tradition.
If you have any questions about the process please contact Scott Kelley at the Office of Mission and Values.
Here are some examples of the content OMV has created:
Knowing that it takes a considerable amount of time to create high quality content, OMV will offer prizes to the top three contestants (or teams):
- First Prize will be $5,000
- Second Prize will be $3,000
- Third Prize will be $2,000
OMV is looking for new content that is optimized for social media (YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter) and is likely to be viewed, liked, shared, and commented on. We are looking for the following types of content:
- White Board
- Narrative Videos
- Documentary Shorts
- Design for Good and Social Justice
- Design Impact Projects
Submissions will be eligible for consideration if they meet the following criteria:
- Have must have a clear, explicit connection to the life, mission, and values of Vincent de Paul, or Louise de Marillac and the Vincentian tradition.
- Have a tone that is consistent with other content produced by the Office of Mission Values (it is appropriate for a general audience, is not inflammatory, provocative, or overtly political).
Submissions will be eligible for consideration if they meet the following requirements:
- Complete a separate entry form for each media content submitted.
- For video media: submit a password protected link to the uploaded movie on Vimeo. Please include the Vimeo link and password on the application. Entries uploaded to Vimeo with incorrect links or passwords will be disqualified.
- For graphic media: PDF; .mov (see Quicktime File Specifications below); links to active websites.
You may only include third-party content protected by copyright if the author has granted you a license, or clearly within the parameters of fair use.
Quicktime File Specifications:
- Frame rate: 23.976 (23.98) or 29.97 only
- Frame size: HD: 1920x1080 or 1280x720
- Frame size: SD: 720x480. The frame can be either 4x3 or anamorphic (i.e. squeezed)
- Compression: Apple Pro Res 422 (not HQ)
- All projects must have a title in the beginning and a credit sequence at the end.
- All projects must recognize/credit DePaul University’s Office of Mission and Values.
- Incomplete work will not be considered.
If selected for a Vinny Prize, you must submit the following:
For video media: a Quicktime file (specifications listed below) of your media content to the Office of Mission and Values.
For graphic media: PDF; .mov (see Quicktime File Specifications below); links to active websites.
- One still frame from the movie in jpeg format.
- One production photo in jpeg format.
- A short (40-word) synopsis or log line.*
- Director and Producer’s short (40-word) bio.*
* Write your synopsis and bio carefully and thoughtfully as these may appear on the Office of Mission and Values website program if your media content is selected.
- At least one or more primary images in jpeg or PDF format reflecting the spirit of the project
- A short (40-word) synopsis.
- Designer and/or Design Affiliation (40-word) bio.*