Connecting to the eduroam network
Option 1: Profile Download Package eduroam-profile.exe - Windows 7 Only
To configure your laptop to prompt for user credentials while connecting to the "eduroam" SSID on campus you must create a profile to prompt you for your username and password provided to you. To install the profile, download the package eduroam-profile.exe and install it. Once installed, your machine will now prompt you when connecting to "eduroam" for a username and password.
Option 2: Manual Profile Creation
- To manually connect to the "eduroam" SSID start by clicking on your START MENU and then CONTROL PANEL
- Then click on VIEW NETWORK STATUS AND TASKS under the NETWORK AND INTERNET menu
- Then click on MANAGE WIRELESS NETWORKS on the left side of the window
- On the next window, click on ADD to start the process of adding a new SSID
- You will then be prompted to on how to add a network, please choose MANUALLY CREATE A NETWORK PROFILE
- On the profile creation screen please enter the SSID eduroam as the NETWORK NAME and then choose WPA2 ENTERPRISE and AES as the SECURITY TYPE and ENCRYPTION TYPE. All other boxes should be default as you see in the image below. Once complete click NEXT
- The profile has now been created, and requires customization. Click on the CHANGE CONNECTION SETTINGS option of the screen showing you've successfully added the new wireless profile
- On the wireless network properties screen, choose the SECURITY tab and then click on SETTINGS next to the MICROSOFT PROTECTED EAP (PEAP) selection box
- On the Protected EAP Properties window, click on the CONFIGURE button next to SECURED PASSWORD (EAP-MSCHAP-V2) selection
- In the pop-up window UNCHECK the box that says AUTOMATICALLY USE MY WINDOWS LOGON NAME AND PASSWORD and click OK
- Back at the Security tab of the Wireless Network Properties window, click on ADVANCED SETTINGS near the bottom of the window
- Now at the Advanced Settings, CHECK the box that says SPECIFY AUTHENTICATION MODE and then choose USER AUTHENTICATION, then click OK at the bottom of the window
- At this point the SSID has been configured, click OK and then CLOSE and close out any other remaining windows. You should now see the ssid "eduroam" in your WIFI ssid list. Some machines may automatically try to connect to it, if not choose it from your SSID list. Additionally, some machines may prompt you ADDITIONAL INFORMATION NEEDED TO CONNECT TO EDUROAM, you can click on that pop-up to enter the remaining information.
- Once you click on the SSID or ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, you will be prompted for your USERNAME/PASSWORD and additionally to CONNECT to the network by accepting the server certificate. Your machine may present these in either order. If you are a DEPAUL faculty/staff/student, please enter your username as email@example.com and then your CAMPUS CONNECT PASSWORD as the password, other users should enter the CONFERENCE ID they have been provided.
Once completed and successful authentication of your username and password has been completed, you should be on the eduroam wireless SSID
Call the Technology Support Center at 312-362-8765 to obtain assistance setting up your device.