Phone moves, adds, and changes include moving an existing line to a new location, creating a new line, deleting a line that is no longer needed, or assigning an existing line to a different employee. Phone moves and changes are performed at no cost, however, departments will be charged for calls made from that line and for any new equipment that is needed.
- Phones must be purchased through Information Services
- Your department pays for any cable or wiring that needs to be added
- Please allow five days for your request to be completed
To move, add, or change a telephone:
- Complete the telephone move/add/change form.
Please note that any new telephone requests received in June will be billed in the next fiscal year.
- Once the information has been received, a technician will assess the space to determine if any additional cabling is needed.
If you are unsure of the space, e-mail email@example.com to schedule a review of the new or existing space.
- If cabling is present, the technician will use the existing wall jack and complete the request.
- If additional cables are needed, a technician will submit a request to Facility Operations. Depending on the scope, a cable installation can take up to three weeks.