The first thing you’ll see when you open the applications in Microsoft Office 2013 is a clean, new look. But the features you know and use are still there—along with some new ones that are huge time savers.
Notable improvements include:
- Touch Capabilities: Now it’s possible to interact with Office applications on most any device, including touch screen monitors and the Surface Pro tablet. Using the new touch mode and typical touch gestures, you can swipe, tap, scroll, zoom, and pan your way through your documents.
- More Choices for Getting Started: When you open an office applicaiton, instead of seeing a blank file, you can now choose between from a selection of templates and recent files.
- Apps for Office: The possiblities are endless when you add Apps for Office to your Office applications. Free and purchased apps are available for download from the Office Store using a convenient ribbon button.
- Improved Save As and Open: Simplified Save As and Open menus give you quick access to your most-used folders, saving time.
- Easier File Sharing: The File > Share menu makes sharing your files easier by putting all of your options for sharing documents with others in one place.
- Save and Share Files in the Cloud: Access your files from any computer anytime you're online. Office applications are now integrated with your SkyDrive account, making it easier than ever to store your files online and share them with others.
- Office Web & Mobile Apps: Using the new Office Web Apps & Mobile Apps, Office works on smartphones, tablets, in the cloud, and even on PCs that don’t have Office installed. Now you can always get to your important files, no matter where you are or what you’re using.
Office 2013 Online Training
The following online trainings may be helpful as you make the switch to Office 2013. Please see the individual Office applications in our list of training topics for additional training on each of the individual applicaitons.
Quick Start Reference Guides
What's New in Access 2013?
Make the Switch to Access 2013 Video Course
What's New in Excel 2013?
Make the Switch to Excel 2013 Video Course
What's New in OneNote 2013?
Make the Switch to OneNote 2013 Video Course
What's New in Outlook 2013?
Make the Switch to Outlook 2013 Video Course
What's New in PowerPoint 2013?
Make the Switch to PowerPoint 2013 Video Course
What's New in Word 2013?
Make the Switch to Word 2013 Video Course