Autumn, Winter and Spring Term Eligibility:
To be eligible for the CTA U-Pass during the Autumn, Winter or Spring terms, you must meet all three of the primary requirements.
Requirement #1 - The Program Requirement
You meet the academic program requirements if you are enrolled in a degree-seeking program or a certificate of completion program at DePaul.
Requirement #2 - The Credit Hour Requirement
You meet the credit hour requirements if:
- You are an undergraduate student in any college enrolled in 12 or more credit hours
- You are a Law student enrolled in 9 or more credit hours
- You are a graduate student in any program enrolled in 8 or more credit hours (except music)
- You are a Music graduate enrolled in 6 or more credit hours
Requirement #3 - The Course Location Requirement
You meet the course location requirements if at least one course is listed as:
- A regular lecture course in the Loop, Lincoln Park, O'Hare or Off-Campus location
- Internship, Student Teaching, or Independent Study (where the "course location" is not listed as "online")
Students taking courses EXCLUSIVELY online, in suburban campuses (Except O'Hare), enrolled in non-degree programs or studying abroad are not eligible to receive a Ventra U-Pass.
Students who register with DePaul's Center for Students with Disabilities can request to be removed from the Ventra U-Pass program with a Disability Waiver by contacting that office directly.
Summer Term Eligibility: Students enrolled in at least ONE credit hour are eligible to participate in the Summer U-Pass program. Students taking classes online during the Summer Term will remain ineligible for the U-Pass. You may notice a U-Pass Fee applied to your tuition account shortly after registering for Summer courses. Please email email@example.com for more information about Summer U-Pass.
DePaul students who meet the requirements based on course registration will see a U-Pass Fee on their tuition account. Students are responsible for this fee regardless of benefit use or card pick-up. A U-Pass fee can be removed ONLY when a student's eligibility has changed on or before the last day to drop courses.
Fee administration and removal is an automated process based on registration. The Ventra U-Pass is based on a CTA daily rate plus DePaul's administrative fee.
Additional U-Pass Fare Information:
- The fee is calculated using the CTA's daily rate plus DePaul's administrative fee; and may vary year to year depending on the number of available CTA service days.
- The CTA may institute future price increases annually through 2018, at their discretion.
- While the university administers the program, the daily rate fees collected from students are passed through to the CTA. DePaul does not profit financially from U-Pass.
- Under the current U-Pass, students have unlimited rides on CTA trains and buses, 24/7 during each academic term.
- Any student who will use the U-Pass for at least two round trip rides per week saves money.