When you receive a DePaul ID Card, you will sign a DePaul Card agreement which outlines the terms and conditions of DePaul ID Card usage.
General DePaul ID Card Terms
- This agreement is executed between the individual (the "cardholder") and DePaul University.
- This agreement shall be for the length of time the cardholder is enrolled/employed at DePaul University.
- This agreement is administered by the ID Card Services Office (part of the Technology Support Center) at DePaul University.
- A cardholder will not be issued more than one active DePaul Card at any given time.
- Should the cardholder's DePaul Card be lost or stolen, this fact must be reported to any Technology Support Center location or Public Safety immediately.
- A fee will be charged for the replacement of lost or stolen cards. The fee will be waived for any DePaul Card that has been stolen with the presentation of a state or local police report. The ID Card Services Office will not accept any campus security reports to waive the fee.
- If the DePaul ID Card is damaged it may be returned to any ID Card Services office along with a payment and a new DePaul Card will be issued to the cardholder.
- DePaul shall not be liable for any loss, cost, damage or expense, whether physical, financial, psychological or otherwise, suffered or incurred by the cardholder in connection with, arising out of, or in any way relation to the use or attempted use of the cardholder's DePaul ID Card by the cardholder or any other third party.
Demon Express Account Terms
- DePaul University reserves the right to determine hours of operation and the services available for purchase with this account.
- This account is non-transferable to another individual's account.
- If the cardholder's DePaul ID Card is lost or stolen, this fact must be reported to any Technology Support Center location or Public Safety immediately. The cardholder is responsible for all transactions charged to the account until the card is reported missing.
- At the end of the academic year the cardholder may request his/her account be closed. All refund requests must be for the full balance and are assessed a processing fee and made via the Payment Center. If the cardholder separates from the university they can request the refund upon their departure. Deposits made with 30 days prior to refund request will delay the processing of the refund.
- The university may declare an account inactive if there have been no transactions for a period of 12 months at such time a $5.00 fee will be assessed annually.
- If an account has been inactive for 5 years, the remaining balance on the card will be forfeited.