DePaul Information Services has partnered with Box.com to provide unlimited cloud file storage and collaboration services for all DePaul students. Box provides services to DePaul that will help students to:
- more easily share data (particularly large files) with other students, DePaul faculty, and people outside DePaul;
- allow teams to collaboratively edit documents and track changes;
- access the Box collaboration and cloud storage from computers as well as their mobile devices, from anywhere, at any time.
What is Box?
Box is more than just a data storage service. Box is also a collaboration platform, allowing everyone the ability to:
- Co-author and simultaneously edit documents and spreadsheets with a team, with full version control
- Preview online documents without having to download them
- Share files and folders with anyone you need
- Set up teams to collaborate, assigning due dates and tasks to team members
- Share large files with anyone without using email attachments
- Backup files from your desktop automatically with Box Sync
How do I get access to Box?
Box accounts are set up automatically for DePaul students. Box is a very powerful platform, but it needs to be used responsibly in order to keep your data safe. Please make sure to review and follow the critical tips and best practices provided on the Getting Started page before you start using Box. To access your Box account, login with your Campus Connect account at the link here: Box Login
Students should make use of their Office 365 @mail.depaul.edu email when using and collaborating in Box, since it is the primary email set for your account. Office 365 accounts are provided through a partnership between DePaul and Microsoft and are available for all DePaul students, and DePaul strongly recommends that all DePaul students sign up for one if they have not already done so. Click here to learn more about about Office 365 @mail.depaul.edu accounts, along with how to activate and access your account and the other benefits available when you sign up.