Information Services > Services > Email > Employee Email > Accessing Your Email > Mobile Devices
1. Prior to encrypting, fully charge your device, and plug into an outlet (Some Android devices will not allow you to begin encrypting until these conditions are met.)
2. Go to Settings.
iOS devices automatically enable device encryption when a passcode is set. For these devices, no separate encryption setup is needed.
PIN complexity requirements will force PINs to be reset if they do not meet minimum security settings. The requirements are as follows:
1. Navigate to the Settings application. On most Android devices, this can be accessed either by pressing the Menu key while on the home screen or by finding the Settings icon in the applications list.
2. Locate the Accounts and sync item.
3) Press Add account.
4) Choose Corporate. This may instead be labeled Exchange or ActiveSync depending on phone model and OS version.
5) Enter your e-mail address in the format email@example.com and your Campus Connection password.
6. You may be prompted to enter more settings to complete the setup of your e-mail account. If so, enter them as follows:
7. You may be prompted to accept security policies and create a PIN code to lock your phone if you do not already have one.
1. Open Settings from your device's home screen.
1. On the home screen, swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings.
2. Select Accounts - Add Account - Email, Calendar and Contacts.
3. Enter the email address in the Email Address field and press Next.
4. Enter your Campus Connect password on the next screen and press Next.
5. The device will now attempt to auto-discover the settings for your email account.
1. Launch the Outlook app.
2) In the lower right tap on the "..." menu.
3. Choose add email account.
4. Choose Exchange.
5. Enter your DePaul employee e-mail address in the format firstname.lastname@example.org and your Campus Connection password. Press sign in.
6. If you do not have a pin, you will be prompted to create one at this time.
If you need assistance setting up your phone to receive your DePaul employee email, please contact the
Technology Support Center at 312-362-8765 or visit the