Skype for Business (formerly Lync) is a communication and
collaboration solution for DePaul's faculty, staff, and student employees.
Have a question for a colleague in another department? View their status and send a quick IM. Editing a document with a coworker off-campus? Skype's screen sharing feature makes it easy to simultaneously work on a document without the need for repetitive file exchanges. These are just a couple of the many ways Skype for Business helps you save time and resources as you work.
Skype for Business seamlessly integrates with your e-mail and calendar, offering an easy-to-use platform for:
- Online meetings (web conferencing) - schedule an online meeting through Outlook and conduct the meeting with a presentation, integrated chat, whiteboards, and more
- Instant messaging (IM) - send quick messages to an individual or group
- Document and screen sharing - collaborate on documents with colleagues
- Audio chat and desktop videoconferencing - share audio and/or video with two or more participants
- Status - show or view availability based on your calendar or activity
- Mobile - set your status, send IMs, or view contacts with the Skype for Business app on your smartphone or tablet
Note: features may vary based on the client version you have
How to get
Skype for Business
Download one of the following Skype for Business clients from our Software
website. You will need administrative rights on your computer to install this software.
Note: Windows users, if you are running Office 2010 or earlier, you need to upgrade to Office 2013 to use Skype for Business. The upgrade will also install the Skype for Business client for you so no further configuration is necessary.
- Skype for Business 2016 - available with Office 2016
- Skype for Business 2015 (may also be branded
Lync 2013) - available with Office 2013
- Skype for Business on Mac - available with Mac OS X El Capitan and macOS Sierra
- Lync for Mac 2011 - available with Mac OS X Yosemite
- Skype for Business mobile clients can be installed by visiting your App Store
Skype for Business
In the "Sign-in address" or "Email
address" fields, enter your Campus Connect username followed by @depaul.edu. Please note that your long email address will not work. Use your Campus Connect password to login.
Note: Microsoft recently changed their login page, so you may notice a different appearance to the login. The new login page will look like this:
FAQ & Best Practices