These steps should be completed by the employee:
- Submit a copy of your resignation letter that identifies the last active day of employment to your manager.
- Vacation and sick time may NOT be used for your last day in the office. You must be present on your last day of work with DePaul.
- Work with your manager to resolve any upcoming training or projects, and discuss transferring of responsibilities as well as transferring of any data that may be in your personal accounts (e.g. your U:Drive, Box account, or your DePaul mailbox)
- Work with you manager to set up an auto-reply on your DePaul email to let people know you are leaving DePaul, and who to contact in the future if they need anything.
- Turn in all university owned equipment such as cell phones, iPad, laptop, keys, ProCard, etc.
- Don’t forget to update your demographic information in Campus Connect.
We would very much appreciate your honest feedback on the DePaul Human Resources Exit Survey. Your feedback is vitally important to assist us in analyzing the root causes of turnover and retention. It is also essential in helping us to improve DePaul’s status as an employer of choice. The survey takes approximately 10 minutes to complete. Your responses will be treated confidentially and (will not become part of your personnel file). Any data from the exit survey that we share with management will be consolidated with other exit feedback to protect the anonymity of individual responses. Thank you for your cooperation!
These steps should be completed by the manager:
- Reviews the Manager Termination Checklist and performs the necessary transition tasks to prepare for the employee’s departure.
- Consults with Employee Relations representative to discuss any outstanding issues or concerns.
- Processes the termination request in PeopleSoft. See Termination Request Step-by-Step Guide.
- Contact Talent Acquisition to begin the process to fill your vacant position
Note: Prompt processing of the required documents allows the manager the opportunity to begin immediate recruiting efforts to fill their vacancy.