Fall Quarter Move-Out
Students living in traditional halls—Belden-Racine*, Clifton-Fullerton, Corcoran, Munroe, Seton and University Hall—are required to vacate their units by noon on November 27, 2019, although they do not need to move their belongings out of their units. It is imperative that move-out deadlines are met due to the holiday closing. Residents who do not move out on time may receive a $150 improper move fee. *Belden-Racine is open during December Quarter/Graduate Intersession (November 27 - December 20, 2019) for those residents who are preapproved for December Intersession housing. If you have questions about December Quarter/Graduate Intersession, call our office at (773) 325-7196.
For the entire winter break period (see key dates), residents of campus apartments—Centennial, Courtside, McCabe, Sanctuary, Townhomes, Sheffield Square and the University Center—are allowed to remain on campus; winter break housing is included for these buildings.
Additional winter break information can be found in the DePaul Housing guidebook, which will be updated by mid-November.
- Download the guidebook app from the app store.
- Open the app and search for “DePaul Housing.”
- Click “download the guide.”
A few things to note:
- Residents are not required to move their belongings out of their unit.
- Residents should take home all day-to-day items, such as medication, computer/cell phone chargers and perishable items. Traditional hall residents should close windows and empty perishables from mini-fridges (if applicable) prior to departing.
- Residents who are required to leave for break (traditional halls) will not be permitted to enter closed halls.
- Residents do not need to turn in their key when they leave for break. All residents should keep their key with them during winter break.
If you have questions about winter quarter housing or winter break, please contact our office during business hours at (773) 325-7196.
Winter Quarter Move-In
Residents who were required to leave for break (traditional halls) may return for winter quarter beginning at 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 4, 2020. Remember to bring your DePaul ID card and unit keys. Returning to campus in winter looks different from the larger fall move-in. Unfortunately we are unable to provide extra assistance during the winter quarter return process, so service elevators and access doors will not be available. There will be wristbands available that allow for additional guests to accompany residents in and out of the halls.
Please note that the Department of Housing's main office will observe the university's holiday schedule and will be closed from 5 p.m. on Friday, December 20, 2019, until 9 a.m. on Thursday, January 2, 2020.
Winter Quarter Check-In Information
All residents—including students living in our campus apartments and at the University Center who were not required to leave for winter break—must check in for winter quarter through a check-in email that will be sent to the email address on file in Campus Connect. Checking in confirms a resident's intent to return to their hall for winter quarter and ensures that residents will have hall access on their DePaul IDs when they return to campus. More details will be provided directly to residents during fall quarter.