Fall Move-Out and Winter Break
Fall Quarter Move-Out
Students living in Belden-Racine Hall*, Clifton-Fullerton Hall, Corcoran Hall, Munroe Hall, Seton Hall and University Hall are required to vacate by noon on November 22, 2017.
*Belden-Racine Hall is open during December Intersession (November 22, 2017 - December 15, 2017) for those residents who are preapproved for December Intersession housing. If you have questions about December Intersession, call our office at (773) 325-7196.
For the entire winter break period (see key dates), residents of Centennial Hall, Courtside Apartments, McCabe Hall, Sanctuary Hall, Sanctuary Townhomes, Sheffield Square and the University Center are allowed to remain on campus; winter break housing is included for these buildings.
A few things to note:
- Residents are not required to move their belongings out of their unit.
- Residents should take home all day-to-day items, such as medication, computer/cell phone chargers and perishable items. Traditional-style hall residents should close windows and empty perishables from mini-fridges (if applicable) prior to departing.
- Residents who are required to leave for break (traditional-style halls) will not be permitted to enter closed halls.
- Residents do not need to turn in their key when they leave for break. All residents should keep their key with them during winter break.
Winter Quarter Move-In
Residents who were required to leave for break (traditional-style halls) may return for winter quarter beginning at 9 a.m. on January 1, 2018. Remember to bring your DePaul ID card and unit keys.
Please note that the Department of Housing Services main office will observe the university's holiday schedule and will be closed from 5 p.m. on Thursday, December 21, 2017, until 9 a.m. on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
If you have questions about winter quarter housing or winter break, please contact our office during business hours at (773) 325-7196 or visit the winter break section on the FAQ page.
Information About Winter Break
Winter Quarter Check-In Information
All residents—including students living in our campus apartments and at the University Center—must check in for winter quarter through a check-in email that will be sent to the email address on file in Campus Connect. Checking in confirms a resident's intent to return to their hall for winter quarter and ensures that residents will have hall access on their DePaul IDs when they return to campus.
- Traditional-style hall residents: Your check-in email will be sent during the last week of December. If you do not check-in online through the link in the check-in email prior to 8 a.m. on January 1, 2018, you will need to visit your area office (during business hours) or front desk (afterhours) to check-in.
- Apartment-style hall residents: Your check-in email will be sent during the first week of January. If you do not check-in online through the link in the check-in email prior to 8 a.m. on January 4, 2018, you will need to visit your area office (during business hours) or front desk* (afterhours) to regain hall access.
*Centennial Hall, Courtside Apartments and Sheffield Square residents should go to Sanctuary Hall's front desk.
- University Center residents: Your check-in email will be sent during the first week of January. If you do not check-in online through the link in the check-in email prior to 8 a.m. on January 4, 2018, you will need to visit the University Center's second-floor business office to ensure building access.