You are probably wondering what to expect on the actual Lincoln Park Campus move-in day! This is only applicable to Lincoln Park campus housing move-in days on August 27 and September 2, 2017. Please check in directly at the DePaul Student Center if your move-in date is August 23 or August 29. Click here for information on getting to campus by car. A move-in map for 2017 will be available in July.
1. Arrive at Your Residence Hall Check-In Station
- If you do not have your DePaul ID Card, please first visit ID Services (located in the Student Center) prior to checking in.
- Pull your vehicle into a designated unloading zone for your building (see move-in day map; 2017 version coming in July).
- While you (the resident) are checking in, you will be able to park temporarily in the designated unloading zones for your building. There is no parking available for trailers on university property.
2. Check In to Receive Your Keys and Important Info
- Bring your DePaul ID Card to check in with staff inside the building.
- You (the resident) will pick up your keys, instructions for your Housing Condition Report (a report that gives you the opportunity to assess the condition of the items in your room), Guide to Student Housing, and parking/guest wristbands for the day, as well as other materials.
3. Unload Your Car Quickly
- After checking in and receiving your keys, immediately start unloading your car. There is a 15-minute time limit for unloading your car in the temporary unloading zone.
- Quickly unload your belongings at the curb.
- Student housing staff, university volunteers and a welcome team will be available to offer light assistance to residents on August 27 and September 2. If you would like to take advantage of this help, see the moving assistant station near the curb.
- If possible, we recommend that you bring your own dolly to make the actual move easier.
4. Park Car in Designated Parking Lot or Garage
- Once your vehicle is unloaded, follow the directions provided by university staff. Move your vehicle to a designated parking lot/garage.
- You will receive a parking wristband during check-in that will allow you to park in designated parking lot/garages free of charge during designated hours on August 27 and September 2.
Please remember not to park in handicapped spaces, fire lanes, service areas, driving lanes and other areas not designated for parking.
Technology Help on Move-In Day
The Technology Support Center (TSC) provides technical assistance for DePaul-supported software, systems, networking and services throughout the year via telephone, email and self-service through Campus Connect.
A TSC tech help table will be available August 27 and September 2 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Richardson Library. Student and professional staff members will be available to answer questions and offer services such as providing patch cords and coax cables, help with wireless, ethernet, telephone and general questions.
If you encounter a technical problem later in the year, the TSC will be your first point of contact. The Genius Squad provides free onsite assistance with computer hardware- and software-related issues. Learn more about the Genius Squad and their hours here.
Our student-run council, Residence Hall Council, put together a community Resource Guide with local restaurants and shopping locations (along with our student center dining). It is a great resource for incoming residents and their parents/guardians after settling in!
Note: Housing Services does not endorse any particular store or restaurant.