The following is only applicable to August 28 and September 3 move-in days:
1. CHECK IN AT THE UNLOADING ZONE
- Pull your vehicle into the designated area, Holden Court, to unload.
- There will be an opportunity to use move-in equipment (moving bin and/or dolly) to transport belongings. University Center will require a state-issued photo ID for usage of the equipment (maximum three pieces of equipment).
- Due to limited space, after unloading your vehicle you will be directed to move your vehicle into one of the parking lots located near University Center. Please note that these parking lots are not affiliated with University Center, so you will be expected to pay the parking fee. If you leave your vehicle unattended in the unloading area, it will be towed at the owner’s expense.
2. MOVE BELONGINGS INTO UNIVERSITY CENTER
- Residents will begin the check-in process by verifying their name and room number. This check-in process will take place in Holden Court. Afterwards, staff will assist residents to their room.
We ask that the resident unload his or her items as quickly as possible and return the move-in equipment. Once the equipment has been returned, University Center move-in staff will return the ID provided.
- After returning the move-in equipment to the loading dock area, residents will be directed to the second floor where they will obtain their University Center ID and room key. Residents will also be given guidelines about how to properly complete their room condition report.
Important Tips and Suggestions
- Residents are encouraged to proceed through the check-in stations to get their University Center ID and key while another member of their party stays in the room to help set up—it will make the move-in process go faster!
- Be sure that every member of your move-in party has your phone and room number. Staff cannot disclose this information, should your party get separated.
- There are some things that cannot be controlled, such as waiting in lines and traffic.
We appreciate your patience and understanding.