Before move-in day occurs, residents and their parents/guardians should be aware of the following important information about DePaul ID Cards, student email, and health and safety policies.

  •  DePaul ID Card and Student Email
  •  Health and Safety
  •  Residential Rentals
  •  What to Pack and What to Leave at Home
    ID CARD 
    Your DePaul ID Card serves as your official identification at DePaul University, and you are required to have at all times while on campus, and specifically to enter your residence hall.

    To obtain a DePaul ID Card, please visit the ID Card Services office and present a valid photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport or visa). You will need your DePaul ID Card to access your residence hall, the university’s printing system (Intelliprint), meal plans, computer labs and more. Most new students will receive their DePaul ID Card during orientation.

    Loop Campus – DePaul Center, Room 9200
    Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. 
    Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. 
    Lincoln Park Campus – Student Center, Room 109
    Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. 
    Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.

    DePaul University provides all students with a free student email address. Simply log into using your Campus Connect user ID and password. The system will walk you through setting up your account. You should set up your email address before to coming to campus. Keep your email updated in Campus Connect; we often email important reminders to the email address on file prior to move-in day. 

    Health and Safety

    The DePaul University Office of Public Safety, guided by ethical, legal and professional standards, strives to maintain a peaceful and safe environment for the students, faculty, visitors and neighbors, and to protect university property. DePaul Public Safety provides the following services: emergency response, escort service, hospital transportation, crime prevention and security awareness, crime victim assistance, safety tips, and lost and found.

    To contact Public Safety on the Lincoln Park Campus, call (773) 325-7777 or visit Centennial Hall, Suite 304. On the Loop Campus, call (312) 362-8400 or visit Loop Campus Lewis Hall, LL 103. Visit their website at

    The Office of Public Safety provides a car escort service for students, faculty and staff whose circumstances require them to travel alone on Lincoln Park’s campus. Evening escorts are available between the hours of 6 p.m. and 6 a.m. every day. The escort service is only for purposes of traveling within the Lincoln Park campus and to or from the CTA Fullerton station. To contact the campus escort service, call (773) 325-SAFE (7233).

    Specific details regarding health services and student health insurance can be found on the Office of Health Promotion and Wellness website at

    IMMUNIZATION INFORMATION It is important that campus residents have complete immunization records on file with DePaul Central. An incomplete or missing immunization record will block your registration.  

    Illinois state law requires all students to have the following inoculations:

    • Tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis - one dose within the past 10 years (international students are required by law to have three inoculations)
    • Measles (rubeola) - two doses
    • Mumps - two doses
    • Rubella (German measles) - two doses
    • Meningococcal - one dose
    For more information about required immunizations or to submit your documents, visit or contact DePaul Central.
    Questions about health services?

    Contact: Dean of Students Office 
    Lincoln Park Student Center, Suite 307 
    (773) 325-7290 DePaul Center, Suite 11001 
    (312) 325-8066

    Office of Health Promotion and Wellness 
    Lincoln Park Student Center, Suite 307 
    (773) 325-7290 
    DePaul Center, Suite 11001 
    (312) 362-8066

    DePaul Central 
    Schmitt Acadmic Center, Suite 101 
    (312) 362-8610 
    DePaul Center, Suite 9100 
    (312) 362-8610 
    If your residence hall allows for rentals​, you will need to decide if you want to rent a loft or micro-fridge prior to moving to campus.
    CM048.jpgResidence Hall Council (RHC) is a student organization that acts as a liaison between residents and the administration to help create a safe and comfortable community. RHC also facilitates rentals of lofts and micro-fridges. For more information, visit their website at or email​.


    • RHC works exclusively with Bedloft, an approved DePaul vendor, for the rental of lofts and micro-fridges. All loft and/or micro-fridge orders must be completed by August 11, 2016, in order to be placed in your unit prior to move-in day.
    • Apartment-style residents are not allowed to order a loft or micro-fridge.
    • Corcoran Hall, Munroe Hall and University Hall residents are not allowed to order a loft, as the beds provided have lofting capabilities.
    • Residents in converted housing (no matter which hall) and Seton quads are not allowed to order a loft due to space constraints.
    • Residents in traditional halls who cannot rent lofts can still rent micro-fridges or buy futons.
    • Residents are not permitted to bring their own lofts to campus.
    • Before placing a rental order, please confirm with all of your roommates first; each unit is only allowed one micro-fridge.​
    • Rental items will be delivered to your room prior to move-in day (if ordered by the deadline).
    • If you order a loft, you will be responsible for the assembly of your loft. If you need help assembling a loft, a work order can be placed and will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis; please note there may be a delay due to an influx of work orders during move-in week.
    • Late orders will be delivered after move-in day (designated date will be communicated later).
    • Bedloft also has products for purchase that are yours to keep: a futon, which can be used as a love seat, lounger or full-sized bed; and a loft bed TV hanger, which allows you to hang a flat-screen TV of up to 42 inches directly from a bed loft.

    Residents will receive a mailing with rental and pricing information from Bedloft later this summer or can view a product list​ on the vendor's website. You can place your order now by visiting

    What to Pack and What to Leave at Home

    Learn about what we recommend you pack by downloading our Recommended Packing list​.

    Things to Leave at Home

    As you pack for move-in day, please note that certain items are prohibited in all Lincoln Park campus housing. See the full prohibited and restricted items list to learn more. If any of the listed  items are found in campus housing, they will be confiscated by staff.

    Also keep in mind that:
    • You are not allowed to bring your own personal mattress or bed. All residents are required to use the university-provided bed frame and mattress, as they meet university fire safety standards. You may buy and use a mattress cover and/or encasement.
    • You may bring your own shower curtain, but you must hang it in conjunction with the university-provided curtains, as those are custom-fit and prevent water leaks.
    • Irons can be used only in community kitchens and laundry rooms.
    We also encourage you to reach out to your future roommate(s) and make plans concerning your living arrangements. Before connecting, read our recommendations regarding future roommates.