- In this collaborative online project between DePaul University and the University of Ghana in Accra, Ghana, students’ activities focused on public health nutrition in relation to maternal and child health outcomes. By working in small groups students dialogued about nutrition topics in public health, such as breastfeeding and malnutrition, and their impact on maternal and child health outcomes by comparing and contrasting the Ghanaian and American points of view. The paired assignments were exchanged via a learning management platform and students dialogued about the postings via a discussion board.
Technology tools used:
- D2L, Sakai Learning Management System, PowerPoint, Skype
Communication Type/Interaction Mode:
- Students will define and describe three maternal and child health components from the perspective of its evolution as well as its future development.
- Students will define and describe three public health nutrition components from the perspective of its evolution as well as its future development.
- Students will critique two public health nutrition programming and services and their impact on maternal and child health.
- In class written reflection paper.
Discipline: Public health, maternal & child health
Course name: Foundations of Maternal & Child Health
Institution: University of Ghana, Legon
Course name: Nutritional Rehabilitation