D2L Essentials is a self-paced online course designed to
help faculty become familiar with the most commonly used features of
Desire2Learn, DePaul's learning management system.
To access the course materials, visit go.depaul.edu/D2Lessentials.
How long does D2L Essentials take to complete?
Faculty with no previous D2L
experience should be able to complete all of the tasks in D2L Essentials in 3
to 6 hours.
What topics does D2L Essentials cover?
By completing D2L Essentials, you will learn how to:
- Post a news announcement on your course homepage
- Create a module
- Upload a file to a module
- Create a discussion forum and topic
- Create a dropbox folder
- Create a grade item
- Set an end date on a dropbox
- Set a lock date on a discussion
D2L Essentials also provides a brief introduction to features
that can help you monitor student use of your course materials in D2L.