FITS leverages innovative pedagogical strategies and emergent technology to facilitate transformative course design in collaboration with faculty and academic leadership.
To accomplish this, we
- Foster collaborative relationships.
- Provide faculty with consultation on best practices in instructional technology.
- Design online, hybrid, and technology-enhanced courses.
- Support end-users of instructional applications.
Course Design and Enhancement
FITS' instructional technology consultants help faculty build fully online courses that do not meet face-to-face and online courses that meet face-to-face for a reduced number of hours. FITS also assists faculty in enhancing courses with technology for supplemental instructional content and activities. Instructional design consultants work with faculty to:
- Clarify instructional objectives
- Design, develop, and assess instructional strategies
- Research, select, and implement appropriate technologies
- Design and develop online and hybrid courses
- Introduce online course quality standards
- Provide assistance in online course reviews
For more information, visit the Course Design page. For a list of FITS instructional technology consultants, visit the Contacts page.
FITS offers training sessions and workshops on a variety of instructional technologies. Visit the Workshops page for a complete list of upcoming workshops and events. FITS also offers the DePaul Online Teaching Series (DOTS), a professional-development program designed to help faculty make the transition from face-to-face to online teaching.
Instructional Technology Support
FITS works in collaboration with the Technology Support Center (TSC) to provide email and in-person support to faculty. Visit the Technology Support page for details or contact the TSC at (312) 362-8765 for assistance.