Do your tasks vary so you can move around and change positions and postures?
- Break up large tasks with smaller tasks. Get up routinely to file, copy, fax or make a few phone calls.
- Use a 3 or 4 tiered vertical file or high table to stand up for reading/writing tasks.
- Try standing up when on the phone or talking with others in your office.
Do you take brief rest breaks and move around throughout the day?
- Take short 20-30 second breaks every 20-30 minutes to stretch and move.
- Use reminders (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Calendar, break programs) to prompt stretch breaks.
- Reorganize your office to promote movement. Move the printer away from the computer and relocate frequently used files or books.
Do you take short vision breaks at least every 20-30 minutes of computer use?
- Rest your eyes, look at something in the distance, blink, or cup your palms over your eyes during breaks.
PREVIOUS | BACK TO SERVICES