Is the keyboard at the same height as your elbows, with your elbows at a 100-110 degree angle and your shoulders relaxed?
- If adjustable, set desktop to seated elbow height.
- Raise your chair so the keyboard is positioned at elbow height and use a footrest to support your legs if necessary.
Is the keyboard close enough so you are not reaching forward?
- Sit closer to the keyboard.
- Move the keyboard closer to the front edge of the desk.
- Clear obstructions under desk if necessary.
- Adjust chair armrests if necessary.
Are both wrists straight or aligned when keying?
- If you drop your wrists when keying, use a narrow wrist rest along the front edge of the keyboard and use when pausing.
- Adjust the feet on the keyboard up or down to keep your wrists straight.
- Adjust keyboard tray tilt and height to keep your wrists straight if you use one.
PREVIOUS | NEXT