- Sit up straight with elbows at sides and bent to 90 degrees (right angle).
- Push shoulders together and down, with palms facing the floor.
- Make a waxing motion in the air while maintaining the above position. **Keep elbows "glued" to sides while completing motion.**
- Do this for 20 seconds. Repeat 4 times.
- Stand against wall with feet shoulder width apart.
- Gently press low back against wall.
- Place back of elbows, forearms, and wrists against wall.
- Bring arms up and down slowly in a small arc of motion while keeping elbows in contact with wall.
- Do this 10 times.
Sidelying Shoulder Exercise
- Lie on either side with your arm resting against your side.
- Bring hand up to ceiling and back down slowly.
- As arm comes up, your shoulder blade should move back towards other shoulder blade.
- Do 3 sets of 5-10 repetitions.
Prone Lying Scapular Exercise
- Lie on stomach on a pillow, with forehead resting on a rolled towel to keep neck in neutral.
- Bring arms out to sides with elbows bent to 90 degrees.
- Lift arms up while squeezing shoulder blades together.
- Hold each 3-5 seconds, and do 3 sets of 5-10 repetitions.
- Sit up straight on a chair.
- Keep elbows very close to sides and pull back on a resistive band as shoulder blades come back and down.
- Return to start position slowly.
- Do 3 sets of 5 repetitions.
Isometric Abdominal Exercise
- Sit in chair with back supported.
- Tighten stomach as if someone were going to punch it.
- Press fingers into abdomen and tighten abdominals even more to resist pressure of fingers. ** keep breathing!!!**
- Hold 15 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Stand with buttocks, and back, against wall.
- Bring feet 12" from wall. **Keep back against wall.**
- Lower down until knees are bent to about 60 degrees keeping abdominals tight.
- Raise back up to where knees are slightly bent.
- Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
Sit to Stands
- Sit at edge of chair with feet slightly behind knees.
- Stand up while keeping neck erect and spine erect. Your back should not bend forward.
- Immediately return to sitting, but do not put full weight on chair.
- Do 3 sets of 10 repetitions slowly.