The University Registrar ensures the accuracy and privacy of each student’s academic record to protect the value and integrity of a DePaul University education. Serving as the institutional steward for enrollment information, the University Registrar staff apply appropriate rules and regulations, both those prescribed by state and federal regulations such as the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), as well as those academic policies prescribed by DePaul’s governing bodies, as they maintain professional and student-centered online registration and enrollment processes.
University Registrar services include:
- Provide students with answers about processes, services and transactions, in collaboration with Financial Aid and Student Accounts, through DePaul Central.
- Maintain course information and degree requirements, including the academic catalog and schedule of classes.
- Oversee registration, grading, conferral of degrees and distribution of diplomas.
- Deliver online functions such as official transcripts, unofficial transcripts, course history reports, placement testing, inter-college transfer, enrollment verifications, degree verifications and degree progress reports.
- Report student data to the university as well as federal and state units.
- Maintain immunization records as required by the State of Illinois.
- Educate the DePaul community on the privacy rights of students as accorded them through FERPA.