DePaul takes a strategic approach to comprehensive globalization, best described as “discover Chicago, discover the world.” This approach is reflected in Goal 2, and its Objective 2a, of the current Vision 2018 strategic plan:
Leveraging the global diversity of Chicago, infuse international and comparative perspectives throughout teaching, research and service missions of the university.
The goal is to take students, faculty and staff through a developmental journey that will make them reflective, effective, responsible global citizens. This effort touches a number of areas: student and faculty mobility, international partnerships, recruitment of and service to international students, and internationalization of the curriculum.
To learn more about the myriad ways in which DePaul strives to reach this goal, you are invited to visit the site of Global Engagement.
The Globalization Task Force
Academic Affairs houses the Globalization Task Force, as a strategic advisory body to the Provost on all matters related to global engagement.
The Globalization Task Force (GTF) is an advisory body to the Provost. Its charge is to advise the Provost on all matters of international engagement for DePaul University. Composition of the task force is at the discretion of the Provost.
- GianMario Besana • Associate Provost, Global Engagement and Online Learning, GTF Chair
- John Ahern • Associate Professor and Interim Director of the Richard H. Driehaus Center for International Business
- Kari Costello • Assistant Vice President, Global Engagement
- Cheryl Einsele • Assistant Vice President, Academic Administration
- Salma Ghanem • Dean, College of Communication
- Alyssa Kupka • Chief of Staff/Senior Associate Vice President, Academic Affairs
- David Miller • Dean, College of Computing and Digital Media
- Warren Schultz • Associate Dean, College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences
- John Shanahan • Associate Dean, College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences