DePaul takes a strategic approach to comprehensive globalization, best described as “discover Chicago, discover the world.” This approach is reflected in Goal 2, and its Objective 2a, of the current Vision 2018 strategic plan:
Leveraging the global diversity of Chicago, infuse international and comparative perspectives throughout teaching, research and service missions of the university.
The goal is to take students, faculty and staff through a developmental journey that will make them reflective, effective, responsible global citizens. This effort touches a number of areas: student and faculty mobility, international partnerships, recruitment of and service to international students, and internationalization of the curriculum.
To learn more about the myriad ways in which DePaul strives to reach this goal, you are invited to visit the site of Global Engagement.
The Globalization Task Force
Academic Affairs houses the Globalization Task Force, as a strategic advisory body to the Provost on all matters related to global engagement.
The Globalization Task Force (GTF) is an advisory body to the Provost. Its charge is to advise the Provost on all matters of international engagement for DePaul University. Composition of the task force is at the discretion of the Provost.
- GianMario Besana • Associate Provost for Global Engagement and Online Learning, GTF Chair
- Kari Costello • Assistant Vice President for Global Engagement
- Helmut Epp • University Professor, College of Computing and Digital Media
- Salma Ghanem • Dean, College of Communication
- Zafar Iqbal • Director, Driehaus Center for International Business
- Alyssa Kupka • Senior Associate Vice President for Academic Business Management, Academic Affairs
- Jacqueline Lazu • Associate Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- David Miller • Dean, College of Computing and Digital Media