For all voluntary terminations, request letter of resignation and forward to EmployeeRelations@depaul.edu
For all involuntary terminations, please consult with your area’s representative listed below.
Employees who are being transferred or promoted are not part of the online termination request process.
||Office of the Provost
|Full and Part-Time Staff
||Office of Human Resources
||Office of Student Employment
- Managers are responsible for initiating a termination request through Manager Self-Serve in PeopleSoft. A step by step guide is available on the Termination Guide page.
- All termination request must be processed prior to the employee’s departure to ensure that all access is removed and avoid any overpayment of wages. Termination request can be postdated in the system.
- If an employee’s termination date changes prior to their departure, notification of a status change must be made to HR Central at HRCentral@depaul.edu or by phone at ext. 27505.
- Managers should provide notification to remaining staff that the employee is no longer employed with the department or university. Communicating early can avoid gossip or insecurity about the transition. Additionally, review how work may be redistributed temporarily.
- All department materials and other proprietary items such as files and records should be collected.
- Resolve scheduled trainings, workshops, and travel issues/reimbursements.
- All university-owned equipment including but not limited to: cellular phones, pagers/two-way radio, iPads/tablets and laptops should be returned prior to the employee’s last day of employment. If an employee wishes to purchases or keep any equipment for any reason, Procurement Services must be notified.
- Manager collects all keys issued.
- DePaul identification card and building passes must be obtained from employee and forwarded to ID Card Services.
- Staff who will remain enrolled in classes must notify ID Card Services to reset access.
- Complete the IS form to Move/Add/Change a phone line to make the appropriate changes to phone access.
- Schedule a time for pickup of personal items.
- A property removal form will be required for Loop campus employees. (Loop Public Safety: 2-8400).
||Actions Taken (if applicable)
|Benefits and Compensation
||Continuation of benefits administration
|Internal Information Infrastructure
||Updates online directory
|ID Card Services
||Deactivates ID card and access to university buildings
||Deletes Outlook Email Accounts, Network access, PeopleSoft, Imagenow and Digication. (Please make sure that all emails needed are saved or forwarded before employee’s actual termination date.) All content from Digication should be downloaded prior to departure. If you need assistance please contact FITS@depaul.edu with questions.
||Issues vacation payout, verifies employee has no outstanding balances related to PC loans, parking permits, or payroll advances.
Note: Employee’s manager should audit vacation time entry prior to termination date.
If a cardholder leaves the University for any reason, the approving official is responsible for obtaining the ProCard and original receipts. If the reason for termination involves fraud or misuse of the ProCard, Procurement must be notified immediately.
||Begins recruitment process for open staff positions.
Note: Prompt processing of the required documents allows the manager the opportunity to begin immediate recruiting efforts to fill their vacancy.