DePaul University's mission is to make an extraordinary education accessible. As DePaul employees we collaborate, communicate and cooperate to provide exceptional service to our students, colleagues and the community. Our Catholic, Vincentian and urban tradition calls upon us to serve as responsible guardians and contributors to a workplace environment where every employee is valued and treated with dignity and respect.
DePaul University recognizes and invests in employees whose exceptional talents, commitment and contributions shape a learning and work environment that furthers our mission and vision.
Our values define us and none are more important than how we conduct employee relations and how we treat our employees.
- We are committed to treating all DePaul employees respectfully, fairly and equitably.
- We are committed to fostering a climate of diversity and inclusiveness which values, celebrate and leverages our differences.
- We support the ongoing professional development of employees by encouraging participation in university sponsored events and training.
- We promote ethical and legal conduct in the application of all university policies, rules and practices.
- We address and resolve workplace issues and conflicts through productive dialogue, characterized by openness, trust and collaboration.
- We provide a comprehensive total rewards package that includes market-driven pay and competitive benefits programs.
- We ensure that management is properly trained to hire, develop and motivate employees to do their jobs well.
- We establish goals. provide ongoing feedback and assess performance annually so that every employee is aware of how his or her work contributions to the achievement of the university's strategic plan.
- We leverage technology to ensure the ongoing integrity of employee data and to assist in effective talent management.
- We provide viable resources and differentiated solutions to all employees in balancing work/life issues.