In order to start the degree conferral (granting) process, students must apply online by the deadline date to formally signal their intention to receive their degree after a particular term. Submitting this online application does not guarantee the conferral of a degree from DePaul University.
Follow these Steps to Successfully Complete the Degree Conferral Process:
- Review your Degree Progress Report with an Academic Advisor. Ensure you are on track for completing the requirements for your degree.
- Verify your completion term with your Advisor.
- Verify your name in Campus Connect. Diplomas are published with the name exactly as it appears in your official academic record. Update your name if necessary by completing the Personal Information Change form.
- Complete the online Degree Conferral Application in Campus Connect, including the Commencement Reservation form for the year-end graduation ceremony. Go to Campus Connect Student Center > My Academics > Apply for Degree Conferral.
- When completing the degree conferral application, you may also need to complete additional required steps by your specific School or College. Pay close attention to the Instructions if any additional steps appear within the Degree Conferral Application for you to complete.
View the FAQs for Degree Conferral Information and Deadlines.
Please note the following:
- Your degree requirements are evaluated against your earned credits by both your college office and the Office of Student Records at the end of the expected completion term you indicate.
- If you meet all requirements, your degree will be conferred within 30 days of the end of the term. Diplomas are mailed to graduates at the completion of the degree conferral process within 6 to 8 weeks after the term ends. You will receive an email notifying you when your diploma has been sent.
- All financial holds must be resolved before your diploma can be mailed. You will receive an email with instructions if your diploma cannot be mailed because of a financial hold.
- DePaul reports degree conferral information to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) monthly. Many companies and agencies use the NSC service to verify degrees awarded by institutions.
- Your degree can only be verified by the National Student Clearinghouse if your Privacy Settings in Campus Connect indicate this as releasable information at the time your degree is conferred. Please verify your Privacy Settings before the end of your final term. Go to Campus Connect Student Center > Personal Information.